So far I have crashed and burned with trying to get a national or even regional group to meet regularly. The need is there but everyone is expecting me to do it. I don’t have enough time in the day to do what I’m doing, so I can help, I can promote, but I can’t make this happen. It’s like herding cats even though I have sought neither referral fees nor any remuneration of any kind. SOMEBODY out there has the skills to do this.
Here is my next proposal and I need help. I have too small a staff to do this on my own. I need someone who has a proven track record of organizing something like this. My thinking is that we either charge nothing and get grants from someone or charge as small a fee as possible for homeowners, consumers and lawyers and accountants to join up. (Accountants are missing a huge opportunity to act as forensic analysts and expert witnesses). It would be nice if someone stepped up to be the face of this effort besides me. I seek to accomplish ten goals:
- Do as the banks do — have large monthly telephone conferences in which we develop a consistent message that will consistently repeated in all courts around the country.
- Educate lawyers on strategies that are getting some traction or might get traction
- Receive education from lawyers who are getting it right
- Develop a list of lawyers in all states that are willing to at least take on some clients in foreclosure defense, rescission or other consumer remedies. Maybe we start a new website where the list of lawyers is given out.
- Highlight lawyers who are well -known or not well known — let them lead the round-table discussion.
- Combine resources for large actions in RICO, Constitutional challenges, class actions and mass joinder
- Combine resources for Amicus Briefs
- Develop a continually updated library of forms, complaints, answers, affirmative defenses, counterclaims, discovery, motions to compel, motions for summary judgment and memorandums of law. Maybe this could pay for itself.
- Develop an IT base that could make money where basic facts are input and the requested document is complied and sent to the lawyer or, where possible, to the homeowner.
- Potentially highlight policy makers, regulators and law enforcement to appear at our conferences to give information and answer questions.
Anyone interested? Anyone competent to help? email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach or include some sort of resume and statement of what plans you have for making this happen. We all know we need it. So how is this going to happen?
Filed under: foreclosure