Recommended by Living Lies: If you think losing a home to foreclosure and mortgage fraud is traumatic, try losing an empire of 4,000 apartments and 26 million in debt. Jorge Newbery provides a comeback story full of inspiration, determination and leveling the playing field when thing seem dire. Recommended reading.
Life was good for Jorge Newbery. A high school dropout and serial entrepreneur, he had built a real estate empire of over 4,000 apartments across the USA. Taking risks and working tirelessly were the ingredients to his rise. But, he took one risk too many.
An ice storm on Christmas Eve 2004 triggered his collapse. He was maligned, publicly shamed, and financially gutted – even arrested. He lost everything and ended up $26 million in debt.
As he struggled to regain his footing, he spent what he could to get others to lift him up. But no one did. He discovered that there was only one person who could build him back up. To move forward, he crafted a new life’s purpose: to help others crushed by unaffordable debts rebuild themselves
Burn Zones is a story of playing life’s bad hands and overcoming adversity against the greatest of challenges. It’s an inspirational story of a man who was pushed to his mental and physical limits, and came out the other side even stronger.
And, most of all, it’s a lesson that you can do the same.
- “A riches-to-rags memoir that offers unique perspectives on business, punk rock, inequality, cycling, and family” -Kirkus
- “I highly recommend this book to every human being on the planet. Not a very narrow audience to market to, but humanity in general needs a shot of Jorge Newbery’s candid take on life’s challenges and the personal relationships we develop along the way.” -Skin Deep Exposures Magazine
- “In the heart of this book is the truth that life will always come to the aid of those who never give up. Whether readers are looking for words of encouragement, an interesting story to read on vacation, or the finest strategies in building and sustaining their wealth, Jorge P. Newbery’s book will be one of their best reads.” -Readers Favorite
- “Part memoir, part inspirational story, Jorge P. Newbery’s BURN ZONES: PLAYING LIFE’S BAD HANDS is the true life tale of a modern-day Renaissance man, a self-made success who will stop at nothing to achieve his goals.” -Best Sellers World
- “Anyone who could use some inspiration in their life, or is a fan of the Disney-type inspirational sports movie, this is the book for you.” -Online Book Club
- “Not many business books can be called page-turners, but Burn Zones is one of them” -Self-Publishing Review
- “BURN ZONES is an engrossing and ultimately hopeful autobiography, involving an appealing combination of personal ambition and zeal for community improvement.” -IndieReader
- “The ultimate burn – lose it all, come out fighting, and then share those valuable lessons with the world.” -TBR topbookreviewers.com
- “Exceptionally well written and presented, ‘Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands’ is a candid, insightful, absorbing, and ultimately inspiring memoir that is very highly recommended.” -Midwest Book Review
- “Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery will enthrall readers and motivate many to conquer a new business, hobby, or life-long dream.” – San Francisco Book Review
- “A compelling read: his telling of despair and humiliation at the darkest hours and how he turned his loss into strength and success are both thrilling and inspirational.” – Manhattan Book Review